Need more help choosing a delivery date or delivery method?
Once you have selected the plant you want to send and entered the delivery address you can then choose your delivery date or choose to accept the default delivery date displayed.
You can change the delivery date by clicking on the box displaying the date or clicking on the calendar and using your mouse to choose your preferred delivery date. If you are struggling with this please do let us know on 01825 721162 or by email.
We use the type of plant and date you have chosen and your delivery postcode to work out what options are available and we display the delivery method we think is the best option for you at the top of the list. So if you are unsure you can always just accept this default delivery option.
If the delivery options box is greyed out and there isn't a delivery date that means we can’t send your particular selection of plants to that delivery address.
***** If you are sending to Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man please check that the delivery country on the delivery address is set to UNITED KINGDOM*****
This usually happens when you are sending to a postcode with a restricted number of options (such as remote isles or Scottish highlands) and the plant is too big, or you are trying to send 2 or more items that need to go on different delivery services. For example plants over 62cm tall can't go via royal mail and our most fragile plants and planters can only be sent with Royal Mail. You could try choosing plants under 60cm tall so they will go on our Royal Mail Multibox service or sending one box at a time. See below for more details on the rules that apply to each service or please do give us a call in working hours on 01825 721162.
Remember the delivery options displayed depend on the size of the plants and the your delivery postcode. Here are all the options explained in more detail....
"DPD Local: Courier Delivery £6.00" will normally be the default delivery service and will show at the top of the list. If you are sending as a gift for delivery on a weekday and the delivery date is important then we recommend you choose this service. This is a tracked overnight service which means your plants arrive either next day or on the day you specify and spend minimum time in transit. This weekday service costs £6 to England, Wales, and the south of Scotland. If you enter a mobile number against your payment details you will be updated by text with expected delivery times and a confirmation once it has arrived.
"DPD Local: Courier Delivery AM £10.00" is a premium service that will arrive before 1pm on the day you choose. If you need your gift as soon as possible this is normally the best option. If you enter a mobile number against your payment details you will be updated by text with expected delivery times and a confirmation once it has arrived.
Our cheapest delivery is either Royal Mail: Economy Tracked Service - £4.50 when sending to mainland England and Wales or Royal Mail : 24hr / 1st Class Post - £4.50 when sending to more remote areas. Please note neither of these services will show when you first get to the order form. To choose these services you will need to be sending a plant that is shorter than 60cm and you will need to choose a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday delivery date and the delivery date must be at least 2 days in the future. Please note that with Royal Mail standard and Economy Tracked Services you can specify a safe place to leave your plants if no one is home. On Royal Mail: 24hr/1st Class post services parcels cannot be left unattended and will be returned to the local post office if no one is in on the day. Although very reliable, please note we are not able to offer a guaranteed delivery date with these cheaper services.
Use these options if you are not in too much of a hurry for delivery and you are sending one of the smaller plants - it will save you money.
Royal Mail: Royal Mail Tracked Service - £6.95 is a priority service and as with the couriers you will get an update by text or email when your plant is on it's way and when it's been delivered. This will show as the default delivery for some of our more fragile items like planters as Royal Mail tend to handle parcels with the most care. This is also the best option for rural addresses that might be hard to find or remote areas of the UK where courier services can be expensive.
This is a good reliable service and can be used for any UK postcode. In many areas a postman will have the local knowledge to know where to leave a parcel if no-one answers the door and you can also specify a safe place or neighbour to leave parcels with. It is also a good option for areas which would normally attract a courier surcharge (eg Isle of Wight, or remoter parts of Scotland) and for Saturday deliveries - Royal Mail Tracked Service is the same price for a Saturday as it is for a weekday! Please be aware that Royal Mail are not able to handle larger plants so this service will not be available for plants over 60cm tall.
Need a weekend delivery? Royal Mail 24hr or Royal Mail Tracked Services are the cheapest choices for Saturday or for the remoter areas. However, please be aware that Royal Mail will not be offered as an option for larger plants (over 60cm tall), or for multiple boxes. For larger parcels on Saturdays or for Sunday deliveries our DPD Local Weekend courier service starts from £11 and there is also a premium £22 service for an am delivery.
Our tracked deliveries do not require a signature and you can specify exactly where you would like the parcel left by typing over the default text underneath the delivery method.
There are some parts of the UK where the delivery can take longer, or cost more, or where some delivery services are not available. We use the postcode in 'where are you sending to' to define which area of the country the delivery will be made and from here our system works out what options are available
- These are the main divisions that we use...
- England (mainland)
- Isle of Wight
- Isle of Man
- Northern Ireland
- Scilly Isles (Royal Mail only)
- Channel Islands (Royal Mail only)
- Scotland South and Central. All the delivery options applying to England apply in these areas although there is a small increase in the cost of courier delivery. This includes the following postcodes... AB10-14(Aberdeen) EH Edinburgh FK Falkirk Falkirk itself and the south part of central Scotland FK 1-7 and 8-18) DD Dundee, tayside DG Dumfries (DG1,DG1-12,DG2-4,DG10,DG13-16 ), G Glasgow KY Kirkaldy KY3,KY11-12,KY1,5 and KY4,KY6,7,KY2,KY8-10,13+ , Fife KA Kilmarnock (excluding Arran etc) KA1-25, KA26, ML Motherwell PA1-19 Paisley (Paisley and south part of Strathclyde) PH1 and PH2-14 Perth (Perth itself and south part of Perthshire) TD Berwick on Tweed
- Scotland - Highlands. In these areas courier delivery is available for a premium, and Royal Mail Tracked /Special Delivery is available. (Next day before 5.30pm in some cases, before 1pm in others). This includes the following postcodes.... Northern part of Aberdeenshire (AB15-29, AB26-34, AB35-36 (1-2day), AB37-56) Northern part of Central Scotland - FK20-21. IV Inverness Part of Highlands, excluding islands( IV2,IV1-40,52-54,57-63). Northern Tip of Scotland (KW1-14 - Caithness - Sutherland excludes Orkney and offshore). PA21-39 (North of Strathclyde excluding islands). PH19-26 (North of Perthshire), 30-41, 49 Ballachulish, 50 KPH15-18 (2 day),PH19-26 (2 day),PH30-31,PH32 (2 day) PH33,PH34-41 (2 day)
- Scottish Islands - nearest. Also Channel Islands In these parts there is no courier delivery, but Next Day Special Delivery is available, although you cannot guarantee delivery before 1pm, only before 5.30 pm. HS1 Lewis - Stornaway only HS9-Castlebay (Barra) IV 41-51, 55-56-Skye KW15 Orkney - Kirkwall Town only KW16 Orkney - Stromness Town only PA60(Jura) PA41(Gigha) PA42-49 Islay PA77(Tiree) ZE1 Shetlands - Lerwick only
- Scottish Islands - remote. In these parts there is no courier delivery, and Special Delivery may take 2-3 days HS1 Lewis - Stornaway only HS9-Castlebay (Barra) IV 41-51, 55-56-Skye KW15 Orkney - Kirkwall Town only KW16 Orkney - Stromness Town only PA60(Jura) PA41(Gigha) PA42-49 Islay PA77(Tiree) ZE1 Shetlands - Lerwick only
We want our plants to arrive in peak condition, which means spending minimum time in the box. We will always pack our plants fresh on the day of despatch and although we know from experience, that plants are happy in transit for 2 or 3 days, we do put restrictions on some services to ensure plants don't spend too long in a box. Ie. you can't normally book a plant delivery on Tuesday after a Bank Holiday and our economy services cannot be sent over the weekend as these services already can take 2-3 days. If you are sending to remote areas or need any advice about which plants are delicate, and which are tough, then please do contact us.
Please don't choose an option which needs a signature, if you think there will be no one available to sign. It means the plant goes back to the depot for redelivery on the next working day.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, the quickest way to contact us is via the telephone on 01825 721162. Outside these hours, use the order query form on the Contact Us page.
In the unlikely event that your plant is late, damaged in transit or in poor condition on arrival, please do let us know as soon as possible so that we can set things right for you.
All our plants are carefully selected by hand, gift wrapped and boxed with a handwritten greeting card.