Grapevines are suprisingly easy to grow in the UK and will thrive outside all year round.All our vines are strong disease resistant varieties container grown at our Sussex nursery. Choose from some great hardy vine making varieties including Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay or sweet Chasselas Rose and seedless Lakemont grapes for the dessert table.
Spring is a great time to plant out grapevines, at this time of year their roots and leaves will fill out quickly, ready for a tasty harvest later in the year.
- Grape Vine More varieties coming soon£27.00
- Chardonnay Grapevine Hardy Grapevine£27.00
- Chasselas Rose Grapevine Sweet Rose Dessert Grapes£27.00
- Lakemont Grapevine Seedless white grape vine£27.00
- Pair of Vines Special Offer£45.00
- Sparkling Vine and Wine Luxurious wine and vine gift set£75.00
- Sussex Vine and Wine Sussex wine gift set£49.00
- Pinot Noir Grapevine Red wine making grapes£27.00Available from 28/05/2022
- Suffolk Red Grapevine Very hardy variety£27.00Available from 28/05/2022
- Bacchus Grapevine White grape vine£27.00Available from 28/05/2022
Grapevines are becoming increasingly popular in the UK and the success of commercial vineyards has encouraged many more people to have a go at growing their own.
New disease resistant varieties help avoid the problems of powdery mildew and fruit rot and in a sunny position, you can get really good harvests even as far north as Scotland.
If you are buying for further north we would recommend the hardier varieties like Chardonnay or Pinot Noir or if you are looking for grapes for the table choose sweeter varieties and consider some additional frost protection. Although it's not essential in warmer summers, Lakemont, Chasselas Rose and Flame Seedless will all benefit from a cold frame or unheated greenhouse where the additional warmth will help sweeten the grapes even further.
We grow most of our grapevines here at our Sussex nursery from grafted cuttings supplied from a really fantastic French grower. They are strong 3 year old plants when they are delivered and we have several different batches throughout the year. Our first batch is already looking great for Spring delivery and we will have some more varieties available later in the year too.